Friday, January 15, 2010

Struggle of Self [4/26/04]

Struggle of Self [4/26/04]
--------------------
Why do you do this?
Play mind games with me.
Whisper in my ear, scrape a hand across my back,
Implant horror in my every dream and thought.

I fight it every night, your cool poise and flaming desire.
Desire to cause pain and inflict deep branches in my skin.
But I grow ever so weak, my subconscious wanting, needing.
I hold onto truth, but oh! how tantalizing your world is!

Dying love, jumping cliffs, superior strength. . . imagine!
You paint my dreams so real, my subconscious draws nearer to it.
I try to run, but to no avail; how do you run from yourself?
My doppleganger laughs with pleasure at seeing me struggle.

Fight it! Fight it! Fight with your every being!
Won’t let it win, the darkness, enveloping me like storm waves
on a ship.
Wreckage! Oh it crashes down, survivors greatly injured!
Salvage your heart! For the gods sakes, I must salvage it.

No comments: