Friday, January 15, 2010

Ouroboros

Ouroboros
--------------------
There I slept.

Before me in the realm between consciousness and death, he
approached me on four silent columns of black that
rose to attach to his large dark frame
Great creature of the gods –
How the eyes shone like brilliant flames and the deep
heavy breathing beat like drums. The ground cracked,
cracked beneath
Keeper of the pearl –
The black scales gleamed like a million tiny mirrors in a
million tiny dark rooms
reflecting the only source of light
Guardian of gold –
His think mane of blood light as feathers;
tender to the touch, and two crimson horns
as majestic as any crown
Wielder of fire –
I placed a hand on the silk soft outer skin of the
claw; with five sharpened blades that could
cut through to the soul
Treader of dreams –
With wide wings we went, he took to
the skies and flew to the wolfs domain

And there I slept.

No comments: