Saturday, September 15, 2007

Not A Morning Person

it's the first time in a while I've been inspired to make a post. So here it is.

My mother seems determined to drag me out of bed before 10am everyday. She was even more determined Thursday morning. She woke me up and had me get out of bed to write her a check for my perscription sunglasses. I require at least 10 minutes, AT LEAST, preferrably half an hour, before I can fully function in the morning. Needless to say I didn't get any time to adjust from sleep to awake. I got up and wrote the check, and my mom left for the bank.

For about an hour after getting out of bed, I couldn't function properly. My hand was twitching, I couldn't move the right foot forward, and I was walking into things. I thought maybe changing from my glasses into contacts that I'd be more awake. So I went to do just that - to put in my contacts.

I got both contacts in successfully, but the left contact was making my eye irritated. I took it out and proceeded to rinse it off and clean it so I could put it back in my eye. At least, that's what I told my brain. Instead of turning to grab the contact solution behind me, I reached above the sink and pulled out my deodorant and removed the cap, then put the deodorant on my contact. When it touched, I realized my stupidity and let out a distressed yell.

I had to get a new pair of contacts and. . . well, end of story.
----------

No comments: